AFCAT 2021: The Indian Air Force recruits eligible candidates to its all three branches i.e. Flying Branch, Technical Branch, and Non-Technical Branch through AFCAT exam. AFCAT exam is held twice in a year i.e. AFCAT-I in the month of February and AFCAT-II in the month of October. Interested candidates who want to touch the sky and would like to join an adventurous career can go for AFCAT to become a part of the Indian Air Force. Those who want to apply for AFCAT 2021 must prepare themselves in respect to physical fitness, mental fitness, and academic qualification. Candidates must fulfil the basic minimum eligibility requirements before making application of AFCAT 2021.
The Indian Air Force will publish AFCAT 01/2021 notification on its official website and the registration for the same may start from the 1st week of December 2020. You can find relevant information regarding AFCAT 2021 application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern & syllabus and important dates etc. in this article below.
AFCAT 2021 Notification
- The notification for AFCAT 2021 for both AFCAT-I and AFCAT-II will be released online on the official website separately.
- AFCAT-I 2021 registration process will start probably from the 1st week of December 2020.
- AFCAT-I 2021 exam is expected to be held in the month of February 2021.
- Aspirants are recommended to start the preparation well in advance. Check preparation tips here.
AFCAT 2021 Exam Overview
|Exam Name||AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Competent Authority||Indian Air Force (IAF)|
|Name of Posts|
Commissioned officers in the flying branch, Ground Duty (technical) and Ground Duty (Non-technical) branch
|Exam Mode||Online i.e. Computer Based Test|
|Syllabus||General Awareness, Numerical Ability, Reasoning & Military Aptitude and Verbal Ability in English|
|Availability of online application form||December 2020|
|Date of Exam||February 2021|
|Eligibility Criteria||It differs from one branch to another. Details are given below.|
|Selection Process||Written Exam, AFSB Interview, and Medical Test|
AFCAT 2021 Important Dates
Check tentative schedule of the AFCAT 2021 exam in the table below:
|Release of official notification of AFCAT||December 2020||June 2021|
|Availability of online application form||December 2020||June 2021|
|Last date for applying online||December 2020||July 2021|
|Admit Card availability||30th January 2021||August 2021|
|Entrance Exam date||7th February 2021||September 2021|
|Result declaration||March 2021||October 2021|
What is the Difference between AFCAT and CDS Exam?
- AFCAT and CDS (Combined Defence Services) are two different recruitment exams which are conducted by the Indian Air Force and UPSC respectively.
- After qualifying the CDS exam, candidates can join any of the defence services (Indian Military, Indian Navy or Indian Air Force) as per the preference while AFCAT exam is specifically conducted for Indian Air Force only.
- In AFCAT exam, aspirants can apply for Flying Branch, Technical Branch, and Ground Duty as per eligibility and interest.
- Through the CDS Exam, candidates’ options are limited to Flying Officer for Permanent Commission only.
Type of Commission
There are two commissions in the Indian Air Force, details are as below:
(a) Permanent Commission (PC) for Male. The candidates, who are willing to join as PC officers would continue their services till the age of superannuation in their respective IAF branch as per the rank.
(b) Short Service Commission (SSC) for Male & Women.
(i) Under SSC, the engagement period of an officer for Flying Branch (Male and Women) is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning which is non-extendable.
(ii) For Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) under SSC, the initial tenure of Officers would be for a period of ten years. However, as per the service requirements, availability of vacancies, willingness, suitability and merit, an extension of four years may be granted to the officers.
Everyone who aspires to appear in the AFCAT 2021, must meet the basic minimum eligibility requirements before applying online. The eligibility requirements may differ as per the branch. Please go through the following information in order to ensure your eligibility to appear in the exam:
Applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Both Man and Woman can apply for the flying branch.
- Candidate’s date of birth must be within 2nd January 1998 and 1st January 2002 (both dates inclusive). It means the age of the applicant must be within 20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2022. Those who have a Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA are relaxed up to 26 years.
- Aspirants must have completed graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% marks and they should have Physics and Mathematics subject at 10+2 level.
- Candidates must have scored 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- Those who have completed B.E./ B. Tech. of four-year duration from a recognized university with at least 60% marks can also apply.
- Final year students can also apply subject to the condition that they should qualify the exam at the time of AFSB testing and should produce degree certificate issued by the University.
Ground Duty (Technical)
- Date of birth of the candidate should be within 2nd January 1996 and 1st January 2002. Therefore, the age of the candidate must be within 20 to 26 years as on 1st July 2022.
- One who has completed graduation degree/integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering/Technology of four years duration from a recognized university and minimum 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level is eligible to apply.
- The candidates can join Ground duty technical branch as Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) and Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) for which candidates should have graduation degree in following streams:
Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) (AE(L))
- Computer Engineering/Technology
- Computer Science and Engineering/Technology
- Communication Engineering
- Computer Engineering & Application
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering/Technology
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronics Science and Engineering
- Electronics Instrument & Control Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Science
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering (Microwave)
- Electronics Instrument & Control
- Electronics Communication and Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Technology
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Instrument & Control Engineering
Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) (AE(M))
- Industrial Engineering
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and Automation
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Production)
- Mechanical Engineering (Repair and Maintenance)
Ground Duty (Non-Technical)
- Both Men and Women can apply.
- Applicant’s date of birth should be within 2nd January 1992 and 1st January 2002. Therefore, the age of the applicant must be within 20 to 26 years as on 1st July 2022.
- Candidates having graduation degree of three years duration in any discipline with minimum 60% marks or equivalent from a recognized university.
Those who are below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of course. During the training period, marriage is not permitted. Married candidates above the 25 years of age are eligible but they will not be provided any married accommodation during the period of training. Widows/Widowers and divorcees below 25 years of age are not eligible to apply.
Physical and Medical Standard
The candidates must fulfil the physical and medical standard prescribed by the Indian Air Force for the concerned branch. Shortlisted candidates will have to go through a medical examination test conducted by AFCME, New Delhi on the recommendation of the AFSB. Those who will not attend the medical examination test, candidature of such candidates will be cancelled.
Note: It is pertinent to mention here that apart from the above requirements, physical and mental fitness are also essential requirements. Check AFCAT Eligibility Criteria in detail for complete information.
AFCAT Application Form 2021
Aspirants who are complying with the above-mentioned eligibility requirements can go ahead for submitting the application form. Candidates can submit the application through online mode only. The applicants have to go through certain steps to complete the AFCAT application form. Check the following information with regard to the AFCAT registration:
- Visit the official website of the AFCAT as the application form can be submitted through online mode only.
- Go for the candidate’s login and complete the registration process.
- Enter your name, e-mail ID and mobile number etc. in the registration form.
- After successful registration, you will receive a registration ID and password.
- Now login with the registration ID and password to complete the application form part.
- Applicants need to fill personal as well as the academic qualification in the application form.
- Be careful while entering the name, father name, qualification, address etc. details in the application form.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature as per the given specifications. The images must be in JPEG/JPG format with size between 10 KB to 50 KB.
- Candidates must pay the requisite application fee to complete the application.
- After submission of application form, do not forget to take the printout of the confirmation page or submitted application form for future reference.
The aspirants need to pay the requisite application fee for AFCAT 2021 exam and it is Rs.250/-. Payment can be done through online mode using the debit/credit card and net banking. The registration fee is mandatory for every applicant. Once payment is done, it will not be refunded in any case. After making payment, candidates can take printout of the fee receipt for record and reference.
It is very important to know the exam pattern before appearing in the entrance test. AFCAT is a national level entrance test. Candidates have to qualify entrance test for attending further selection process. The applicants must obtain minimum qualifying marks in the exam for appearing in the further selection process. Check the following information in respect of AFCAT exam pattern:
- The question paper will include General Awareness, Numerical Ability, Verbal Ability, Reasoning, and Military Aptitude.
- All the questions will be multiple choice in nature having four choices where applicants have to choose the correct one.
- The duration of the entrance test will 2.00 hours.
- Paper will contain total 100 MCQ type questions.
- The question paper will be of 300 marks where each question will carry 1 mark.
- A penalty of the 1/3rd mark will be imposed for attempting the wrong answer.
AFCAT Syllabus 2021
We recommend aspirants to collect proper information regarding AFCAT syllabus as the information about the syllabus is very important for the preparation of the exam. AFCAT and EKT syllabus will be different from each other. Candidates should go through the official information brochure in detail also. However, candidates can check some of the important information regarding AFCAT syllabus as below:
- General Awareness– Sports, Current Affairs, Culture, Art, History, Civics, Environment, Politics, Geography, Basic Science etc.
- Numerical Ability– Profit & Loss, Number Series, Average, Percentage, Simple Interest, Ratio, Simplification, Decimal Fraction etc.
- Reasoning & Military Aptitude– Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
- Verbal Ability in English– Error Finding, Fill in the blanks, Vocabulary, Antonyms, Synonyms, English Comprehension, Jumbled Sentences, rearrangement of sentences etc.
AFCAT Admit Card 2021
The candidates can obtain the AFCAT admit card from the official website of the AFCAT. AFCAT-I 2021 admit card will be released in the month of January 2021. Download the admit card from the official website and take the printout of the same for future reference. Candidates must be aware that the competent authority will not send the hard copy of the admit card to any individual. It is mandatory to carry admit card on the day exam otherwise you will be denied permission to enter in the exam centre. Also, carry photo identity
AFCAT 2021 Result
AFCAT result 2021 will be declared in the month of April 2021. Candidates will be able to check their result online on the official website of AFCAT. Those who will qualify the written exam will be invited to attend SSB/Interview. The final result will be prepared on the basis of candidates overall performance in written exam and interview etc. The selection of the candidates depends on the candidate’s performance in the exam including physical fitness. Accordingly, the competent authority will declare the final result.
AFCAT Selection Process
- As already stated above, candidates first need to appear in the written test.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for next round of selection as per their rank secured in the exam.
- The competent authority on the basis of written exam performance will invite candidates for Screening Test i.e. Stage-I Testing.
- The screening test consists of Officer Intelligence Rating Test and Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
- After qualifying the Stage-I, candidates will be called for Stage-II Testing.
- Stage II testing consists of Psychological Test, Group Test to check the candidate’s interactive ability, conversation skills etc.
- Those who will qualify the SSB/Interview will be selected for medical examination before offering the final letter of joining.
- Selection will be made purely on the basis of merit prepared on the basis candidate’s performance throughout the exam.
Official Website: https://afcat.cdac.in/AFCAT/
Stay connected with us for more information AFCAT 2021 exam.