AFCAT 2020: The Air Force Common Admission Test is commonly known as AFCAT. The AFCAT is an entrance test for the aspirants who want to join Indian Air Force as Commissioned Officer in Flying, Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-Technical). The exam is conducted by Indian Air Force twice in a year in the month of February and August. Advertisement in this regard will be published in the month of June and December. Interested candidates must apply online at official website before the last date. Everyone must ensure eligibility criteria first before submitting an application form. Information pertaining to AFCAT 2020 exam including eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, and important dates are given here in this article.
AFCAT 2020 Important Dates
|Official notification of AFCAT-I has been released on||May 2020|
|Online application form availability||June 2020|
|Last date to apply||July 2020|
|Admit Card will be issued||August 2020|
|AFCAT II Exam date||August 2020|
|Announcement of Result||Will update soon|
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must fulfil the basic minimum eligibility criteria prescribed by the concerned authority to appear in AFCAT 2020 exam. One must comply with the following requirements:
- Candidate must have obtained 60% marks in graduation in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or B.E./B. Tech. or
- Must have secured 60% marks in Section A & B examination of Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- Candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd July 1995 and not later than 1st July 1999.
2. Ground Duty (Technical)
- Minimum 60% marks in graduation level in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or
- Completed four-year graduation or integration PG in Engineering/Technology or
- Must obtain 60% marks in Section A & B examination of Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- Candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st July 1999.
3. Ground Duty (Non-Technical)
- Must be secured 60% marks in Graduation level in any discipline and 60% marks in Section A & B examination of Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- The candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st July 1999.
Note: Apart from the above, the candidate must be physically and mentally sound. Physically challenged persons are not eligible. For more info, keep surfing this article from time to time.
AFCAT Application Form 2020
As stated above that the application form for AFCAT 2020 exam will be available two times in a year. The application form will be available in the month December 2019 & June 2020 for AFCAT-I and AFCAT-II respectively.
The application form AFCAT-I 2020 will be available online and candidates can fill the application form through on the official website. Applicants can access https://afcat.cdac.in/AFCAT/, the official website for submitting the application form. Candidate should check official notification time to time for latest updates. In order to submit AFCAT online application form, candidates have to go through two parts i.e. Registration Part and Application Form Filling at the official website. Check step by step process below for reference:
- Visit the official career website of the Indian Air Force as stated above.
- Click on Candidates Login Button for Registration.
- A new window will open where you have to registration details.
- Fill the details like name, E-mail ID, Mobile number etc. in the registration form.
- On submission of registration form, a new Registration ID and Password will generate and sent to the registered e-mail ID.
- At the time of registration or form filling, one should keep all the documents for ready reference.
Filling up of Application Form
- Login to the portal using Registration ID and Password received by e-mail.
- Fill all the details as per instructions are given therein.
- Candidates need to select branch, exam centre and subject of EKT exam etc.
- Upload your recent passport size photograph and signature as per the prescribed specifications.
- Submit the application form at the end after checking all facts carefully and take at least one printout of the same for future reference.
- Candidates must provide all the information carefully and correctly. If anyone found misleading the authority at any stage during examination process then the candidates may face consequences including legal action. His/her candidates may also be cancelled immediately.
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2020
The candidates who are preparing for AFCAT 2020 exam should be well conversant with the exam pattern and syllabus. The information about exam pattern will guide to the success in the examination. There will be a good number of applicants in the AFCAT exam and only ones get chance for further selection after the written test. It means you must secure cut-off marks for qualifying the exam. Exam pattern consists of information like exam mode, the number of questions, type of questions, exam duration and syllabus of the exam etc. Check the following information in respect of AFCAT exam pattern:
- First of all, we recommend each one of you to go through AFCAT 2020 official information brochure in detail.
- Candidates opting for flying branch and ground duty (non-technical) have to appear in AFCAT only, whereas, candidates need to appear in both AFCAT and EKT for ground duty (technical) branch.
- The duration of the entrance exam will be 2.00 hours.
- The duration of EKT will be 45 minutes.
- AFCAT paper will consist of four sections as (i) General Awareness, (ii) Numerical Ability, (iii) Reasoning & Military Aptitude and (iv) Verbal Ability in English.
- All the questions will be multiple choice in nature.
AFCAT Syllabus 2020
The candidates should prepare according to the prescribed syllabus for the exam. Candidates must previous year exam papers for having information about the number of questions, difficulty level of questions and detailed syllabus. The syllabus for both AFCAT and EKT will differ from each other. Also verify subject from official information brochure also. You can check AFCAT syllabus below:
- General Awareness-Current Affairs, Sports, Art, Culture, Environment, History, Geography, Politics, Basic Science, Civics etc.
- Numerical Ability- Number Series, Average, Simplification, Ratio, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest, Decimal Fraction, Percentage etc.
- Reasoning & Military Aptitude- Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
- Verbal Ability in English- English Comprehension, Error Finding, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Jumbled Sentences, Fill in the blanks, rearrangement of sentences etc.
The eligible candidate will get admit card two weeks before the written examination. Candidates can download AFCAT 2020 admit card from 1st week of February 2020. The candidate has to download it from the official website before the commencement of written exam. The hard copy of admit card will not be sent to any individual through the post. At the time of examination, the candidate must carry admit card to appear in the examination. Identity proof like Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, and Voter Card etc. are also need to be carried at the time of examination. Keep admit card safe for future reference.
The concerned authority will announce the result of the written exam first. Qualified candidate of the written exam will be called for appearing in the SSB/Interview. Later on, the final result will be made on the basis of overall performance of the candidate during the exam. Accordingly, the final result will be declared at the appropriate time.
AFCAT Selection Process
- Shortlisting of the candidates will be done on the basis of marks scored in the written examination.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of written exam will have to face Screening Test i.e. Stage-I Testing.
- The screening test will include Officer Intelligence Rating Test and Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
- Those who will qualify the Stage-I, will be called for Stage-II Testing.
- Stage II will include Psychological Test, Group Test to check interactive ability, personal conversation with Interviewing Officer.
- The entire process will take at least 5-6 days.
- The candidates who will qualify the SSB/Interview will go through the medical examination.
- At the end, an all India merit list will be prepared on the basis of written test and interview.
Stay tuned to Careerindiainfo.in for more information on AFCAT 2020