AFCAT 2020 admit card has been released online on 4th February 2020. The Air Force Common Admission Test is commonly known as AFCAT. The AFCAT is an entrance test for the aspirants who want to join Indian Air Force as Commissioned Officer in Flying, Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-Technical). The exam is conducted by Indian Air Force twice in a year in the month of February and August. The advertisement in this regard will be published in the month of June and December. Interested candidates must apply online at the official website before the last date. Everyone must ensure eligibility criteria first before submitting an application form. Information pertaining to AFCAT 2020 exam including eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, and important dates are given here in this article.
UPDATE: AFCAT (1) 2020 Admit Card has been released on 4th February 2020 on the official website of the AFCAT. The applicants are recommended to obtain the admit card from the website for appearing in the exam. Click here to download the admit card.
AFCAT 2020 Notification: Released
- The notification for AFCAT-I 2020 February exam has been released online on the official website of AFCAT.
- The registration process has been started online from the 1st December 2019 on the official website.
- Candidates can submit the application form till 30th December 2019. Click here to check the application form details.
- Interested candidates can submit the AFCAT application form within the stipulated time frame with all prerequisites.
- Aspirants before applying online, go through the eligibility requirements and ensure the eligibility.
AFCAT (1) 2020 Exam: An Overview
|Name of Exam||AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)|
|Level of Entrance Test||National Level|
|Organizing Authority||Indian Air Force (IAF)|
|Posts Name||Commissioned officers in the flying branch, Ground Duty (technical) and Ground Duty (Non-technical) branch|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e. Computer Based Test|
|Syllabus||General Awareness, Numerical Ability, Reasoning & Military Aptitude and Verbal Ability in English|
|Registration can be done within||1st December 2019 to 30th December 2019|
|Date of Exam||24th & 25th February 2020|
|Eligibility Criteria||It differs from one branch to another. Details are given below.|
|Selection Process||Written Exam, AFSB Interview, and Medical Test|
AFCAT 2020 Important Dates
The candidates can check here crucial dates with regard to the AFCAT 2020 exam. The registration dates have been announced which are as below:
AFCAT-I Schedule 2020
|Official notification of AFCAT-I 2020||23rd November 2019|
|Online application form availability||1st December 2019|
|Last date to apply||30th December 2019|
|Admit Card issuance date||4th February 2020|
|AFCAT I 2020 Exam date||24-25th February 2020|
|Announcement of Result||March 2020|
AFCAT-II Schedule 2020
|AFCAT-II 2020 official notification release date||1st June 2020|
|Availability of online application form||1st June 2020|
|Closing date for applying online||30th June 2020|
|Release of admit card||July 2020|
|AFCAT II 2020 Exam date||24-25th August 2020|
|Declaration of result||October 2020|
AFCAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must fulfil the basic minimum eligibility criteria prescribed by the concerned authority to appear in AFCAT 2020 exam. One must comply with the following requirements:
- Candidate must have obtained 60% marks in graduation in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or B.E./B. Tech. or
- Must have secured 60% marks in Section A & B examination of the Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- Candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd July 1995 and not later than 1st July 1999.
2. Ground Duty (Technical)
- Minimum 60% marks in graduation level in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or
- Completed four-year graduation or integration PG in Engineering/Technology or
- Must obtain 60% marks in Section A & B examination of the Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- Candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st July 1999.
3. Ground Duty (Non-Technical)
- Must be secured 60% marks in Graduation level in any discipline and 60% marks in Section A & B examination of Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- The candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st July 1999.
Note: Apart from the above, the candidate must be physically and mentally sound. Physically challenged persons are not eligible. For more info, keep surfing this article from time to time.
AFCAT 2020 Exam: Quick Links
- AFCAT 01/2020 Application Form
- AFCAT Eligibility Criteria
- AFCAT Exam Pattern
- AFCAT Preparation Tips
- AFCAT Best Books For Preparation
- AFCAT FAQs
- AFCAT Admit Card
- AFCAT Result
- Official Website: https://afcat.cdac.in/AFCAT/
AFCAT Application Form 2020
As stated above that the application form for AFCAT 2020 exam will be available two times in a year. The application form for AFCAT (1) 2020 is available online from 1st December 2019. Interested candidates can apply online till 30th December 2019. However, AFCAT (2) 2020 registration will start later in the month of June 2020.
The application form AFCAT-I 2020 is available online and candidates can fill the application form through on the official website. Applicants can access https://afcat.cdac.in/AFCAT/, the official website for submitting the application form. Candidate should check official notification time to time for the latest updates. In order to submit AFCAT online application form, candidates have to go through two parts i.e. Registration Part and Application Form Filling at the official website. Check step by step process below for reference:
- Visit the official career website of the Indian Air Force as stated above.
- Click on Candidates Login Button for Registration.
- A new window will open where you have to registration details.
- Fill the details like name, E-mail ID, Mobile number etc. in the registration form.
- On submission of registration form, a new Registration ID and Password will generate and sent to the registered e-mail ID.
- At the time of registration or form filling, one should keep all the documents for ready reference.
Filling up of Application Form
- Login to the portal using Registration ID and Password received by e-mail.
- Fill all the details as per instructions are given therein.
- Candidates need to select branch, exam centre and subject of EKT exam etc.
- Upload your recent passport size photograph and signature as per the prescribed specifications.
- Submit the application form at the end after checking all facts carefully and take at least one printout of the same for future reference.
- Candidates must provide all the information carefully and correctly. If anyone found misleading the authority at any stage during examination process then the candidates may face consequences including legal action. His/her candidates may also be cancelled immediately.
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2020
The candidates who are preparing for AFCAT 2020 exam should be well conversant with the exam pattern and syllabus. The information about exam pattern will guide to the success in the examination. There will be a good number of applicants in the AFCAT exam and only ones get chance for further selection after the written test. It means you must secure cut-off marks for qualifying the exam. Exam pattern consists of information like exam mode, the number of questions, type of questions, exam duration and syllabus of the exam etc. Check the following information in respect of AFCAT exam pattern:
- First of all, we recommend each one of you to go through AFCAT 2020 official information brochure in detail.
- Candidates opting for flying branch and ground duty (non-technical) have to appear in AFCAT only, whereas, candidates need to appear in both AFCAT and EKT for ground duty (technical) branch.
- The duration of the entrance exam will be 2.00 hours.
- The duration of EKT will be 45 minutes.
- AFCAT paper will consist of four sections as (i) General Awareness, (ii) Numerical Ability, (iii) Reasoning & Military Aptitude and (iv) Verbal Ability in English.
- All the questions will be multiple choice in nature.
AFCAT Syllabus 2020
The candidates should prepare according to the prescribed syllabus for the exam. Candidates must previous year exam papers for having information about the number of questions, difficulty level of questions and detailed syllabus. The syllabus for both AFCAT and EKT will differ from each other. Also, verify subject from official information brochure also. You can check AFCAT syllabus below:
- General Awareness- Current Affairs, Sports, Art, Culture, Environment, History, Geography, Politics, Basic Science, Civics etc.
- Numerical Ability- Number Series, Average, Simplification, Ratio, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest, Decimal Fraction, Percentage etc.
- Reasoning & Military Aptitude- Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
- Verbal Ability in English- English Comprehension, Error Finding, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Jumbled Sentences, Fill in the blanks, rearrangement of sentences etc.
AFCAT Preparation Tips
The candidates should follow a preparation plan to crack the AFCAT exam. The AFCAT exam is quite tough hence proper strategy is required to tackle the difficulty level of the exam. AFCAT 2019 aspirants can check here some of preparation tips which will be helpful during the exam:
- The first and most important work is to collect complete information about exam pattern and syllabus.
- You are also recommended to obtain official AFCAT 2019 bulletin for detailed information.
- Candidates should focus on each and every section of the paper. Give sufficient time to each section.
- Candidates should make a time schedule for routine study.
- Collect relevant books and notes for the preparation of exam.
- Solving previous year question papers will also be helpful.
- Time management is very important during the exam which you learn through practice only.
- Apart from the above, candidates should also take care of health.
AFCAT 2020 Admit Card
The eligible candidate will get AFCAT admit card two weeks before the written examination. Candidates can download AFCAT 2020 admit card from 4th February 2020. The candidate has to download it from the official website before the commencement of the written exam. The hard copy of the admit card will not be sent to any individual through the post.
At the time of examination, the candidate must carry the admit card to appear in the examination. Identity proof like Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, and Voter Card etc. also need to be carried at the time of examination. Keep admit card safe for future reference.
AFCAT 2020 Exam Centre
The aspirants can check the list of examination centres which is prepared based on previous year list.
AFCAT Result 2020
The concerned authority will announce the result of the written exam first. Qualified candidates of the written exam will be called for appearing in the SSB/Interview. Later on, the final result will be made on the basis of the overall performance of the candidate during the exam. Accordingly, the final result will be declared at the appropriate time.
AFCAT Selection Process
- Shortlisting of the candidates will be done on the basis of marks scored in the written examination.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of written exam will have to face Screening Test i.e. Stage-I Testing.
- The screening test will include Officer Intelligence Rating Test and Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
- Those who will qualify the Stage-I will be called for Stage-II Testing.
- Stage II will include Psychological Test, Group Test to check interactive ability, personal conversation with Interviewing Officer.
- The entire process will take at least 5-6 days.
- The candidates who will qualify the SSB/Interview will go through the medical examination.
- In the end, an all India merit list will be prepared on the basis of written test and interview.
AFCAT FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
The applicants can check some important questions here which are frequently asked by the candidates. These questions are as below:
Q1. How can I register for AFCAT?
A: The candidates must know that the registration for the AFCAT exam can be done through online mode only. Candidates have to access the official website of the AFCAT or Air Force to apply online. However, there are certain eligibility conditions that applicants must satisfy.
Q2. What is the maximum age limit for AFCAT?
A: The minimum age of the candidates should be 20 years and maximum age is 24 years as on 1st July 2021. Those who are applying for the Ground duty branch should be within 20 to 26 years.
Q3. How to know the eligibility criteria details?
A: The eligibility criteria for different branches are different hence, candidates must check carefully. The eligibility criteria details are given above. However, candidates can also access the official website of the AFCAT for detailed eligibility requirements.
Q4: Sir, how to prepare for AFCAT exam?
A: Candidate should make his/her preparation strategy for the exam. However, candidates should examination pattern, syllabus and previous year questions papers to know the examination scheme and pattern of the question paper.
Q5: Is there any specific book available in the market for the preparation of the AFCAT exam?
A: No there is no specific book through which you can crack the exam. You must be practical and should prepare from various sources such as some specific AFCAT books, subject-specific books, previous year question papers etc.
Stay tuned to Careerindiainfo.in for more information on AFCAT 2020.