AFCAT 01/2019 admit card has been released online on 30th January 2019. One can download the admit card through candidate’s login and take printout of the same. Read the content of admit card and check particulars carefully. The Indian Air Force recruits eligible candidates to its all three branches i.e. Flying Branch, Technical Branch, and Non-Technical Branch through AFCAT exam. AFCAT exam is held twice in a year i.e. AFCAT-I in the month of February and AFCAT-II in the month of October. Interested candidates who want to touch the sky and would like to join an adventurous career can go for AFCAT to become a part of the Indian Air Force. Those who want to apply for AFCAT 2019 must prepare themselves in respect to physical fitness, mental fitness, and academic qualification. Candidates must fulfil the basic minimum eligibility requirements before making application of AFCAT 2019.
The concerned authority has published AFCAT 01/2019 notification on its official website and the registration for the same has been commenced from 1st December 2018. It is recommended to apply well within the last date i.e. 30th December 2018. You can find relevant information regarding AFCAT 2019 application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern & syllabus and important dates etc. in this article below.
The admit card for AFCAT 01/2019 is available online from 30th January 2019 onward through candidate login. Download the admit card and check the particulars and instructions carefully. Everyone must carry the printout of the admit card to the examination centre on the day of exam. Aspirants are recommended to prepare as per the prescribed examination pattern and syllabus.
AFCAT 2019 Notification- Released
- The notification for AFCAT 2019 for both AFCAT-I and AFCAT-II will be released online on the official website separately.
- AFCAT-I 2019 notification has been released by the concerned authority. Click here to download the notification.
- The registration process has been started from 1st December 2018. Click here to check the registration process.
- The registration process has been closed on 30th December 2018, hence, prepare for further examination process.
- AFCAT-I 2019 exam will be held on 16th & 17th February 2019 on various centres throughout India.
- Aspirants are recommended to start the preparation well in advance. Check preparation tips here.
AFCAT 2019 Exam Overview
|Exam Name||AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Competent Authority||Indian Air Force (IAF)|
|Name of Posts||
Commissioned officers in the flying branch, Ground Duty (technical) and Ground Duty (Non-technical) branch
|Exam Mode||Online i.e. Computer Based Test|
|Syllabus||General Awareness, Numerical Ability, Reasoning & Military Aptitude and Verbal Ability in English|
|Availability of online application form||1st December 2018 to 30th December 2018.|
|Date of Exam||16th & 17th February 2019|
|Eligibility Criteria||It differs from one branch to another. Details are given below.|
|Selection Process||Written Exam, AFSB Interview, and Medical Test|
AFCAT Useful Links
- AFCAT 01/2019 Application Form
- AFCAT Eligibility Criteria
- AFCAT Exam Pattern 2019
- AFCAT Preparation Tips
- AFCAT Best Books For Preparation
- AFCAT FAQs
- AFCAT Admit Card 2019
- AFCAT Result 2019
- Official Website: https://afcat.cdac.in/AFCAT/
AFCAT 2019: Important Dates
AFCAT-I 2019 notification has been released online on the official website of the AFCAT. The notification for both the exams will be published separately as mentioned above. Interested candidates should apply online within the prescribed time frame. AFCAT 2019 official dates have been announced and the candidates can check the following table for information:
|Release of official notification of AFCAT-I 2019||1st December 2018||June 2019|
|Availability of online application form||1st December 2018||June 2019|
|Last date for applying online||30th December 2018||July 2019|
|Admit Card availability||30th January 2019||August 2019|
|Entrance Exam date||16th & 17th February 2019||September 2019|
|Result declaration||March 2019||October 2019|
What is the Difference between AFCAT and CDS Exam?
- AFCAT and CDS (Combined Defence Services) are two different recruitment exams which are conducted by the Indian Air Force and UPSC respectively.
- After qualifying the CDS exam, candidates can join any of the defence services (Indian Military, Indian Navy or Indian Air Force) as per the preference while AFCAT exam is specifically conducted for Indian Air Force only.
- In AFCAT exam, aspirants can apply for Flying Branch, Technical Branch, and Ground Duty as per eligibility and interest.
- Through the CDS Exam, candidates’ options are limited to Flying Officer for Permanent Commission only.
Type of Commission
There are two commissions in the Indian Air Force, details are as below:
(a) Permanent Commission (PC) for Male. The candidates, who are willing to join as PC officers would continue their services till the age of superannuation in their respective IAF branch as per the rank.
(b) Short Service Commission (SSC) for Male & Women.
(i) Under SSC, the engagement period of an officer for Flying Branch (Male and Women) is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning which is non-extendable.
(ii) For Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) under SSC, the initial tenure of Officers would be for a period of ten years. However, as per the service requirements, availability of vacancies, willingness, suitability and merit, an extension of four years may be granted to the officers.
AFCAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Everyone who aspires to appear in the AFCAT 2019, must meet the basic minimum eligibility requirements before applying online. The eligibility requirements may differ as per the branch. Please go through the following information in order to ensure your eligibility to appear in the exam:
Applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Both Man and Woman can apply for the flying branch.
- Candidate’s date of birth must be within 2nd January 1996 and 1st January 2000 (both dates inclusive). It means the age of the applicant must be within 20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2020. Those who have a Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA are relaxed up to 26 years.
- Aspirants must have completed graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% marks and they should have Physics and Mathematics subject at 10+2 level.
- Candidates must have scored 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- Those who have completed B.E./ B. Tech. of four-year duration from a recognized university with at least 60% marks can also apply.
- Final year students can also apply subject to the condition that they should qualify the exam at the time of AFSB testing and should produce degree certificate issued by the University.
Ground Duty (Technical)
- Date of birth of the candidate should be within 2nd January 1994 and 1st January 2000. Therefore, the age of the candidate must be within 20 to 26 years as on 1st July 2020.
- One who has completed graduation degree/integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering/Technology of four years duration from a recognized university and minimum 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level is eligible to apply.
- The candidates can join Ground duty technical branch as Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) and Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) for which candidates should have graduation degree in following streams:
Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) (AE(L))
- Computer Engineering/Technology
- Computer Science and Engineering/Technology
- Communication Engineering
- Computer Engineering & Application
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering/Technology
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronics Science and Engineering
- Electronics Instrument & Control Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Science
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering (Microwave)
- Electronics Instrument & Control
- Electronics Communication and Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Technology
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Instrument & Control Engineering
Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) (AE(M))
- Industrial Engineering
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and Automation
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Production)
- Mechanical Engineering (Repair and Maintenance)
Ground Duty (Non-Technical)
- Both Men and Women can apply.
- Applicant’s date of birth should be within 2nd January 1994 and 1st January 2000. Therefore, the age of the applicant must be within 20 to 26 years as on 1st July 2020.
- Candidates having graduation degree of three years duration in any discipline with minimum 60% marks or equivalent from a recognized university.
Those who are below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of course. During the training period, marriage is not permitted. Married candidates above the 25 years of age are eligible but they will not be provided any married accommodation during the period of training. Widows/Widowers and divorcees below 25 years of age are not eligible to apply.
Physical and Medical Standard
The candidates must fulfil the physical and medical standard prescribed by the Indian Air Force for the concerned branch. Shortlisted candidates will have to go through a medical examination test conducted by AFCME, New Delhi on the recommendation of the AFSB. Those who will not attend the medical examination test, candidature of such candidates will be cancelled.
Note: It is pertinent to mention here that apart from the above requirements, physical and mental fitness are also essential requirements. Check AFCAT Eligibility Criteria in detail for complete information.
AFCAT Application Form 2019
Aspirants who are complying with the above-mentioned eligibility requirements can go ahead for submitting the application form. Candidates can submit the application through online mode only. AFCAT-I 2019 registration process has been started from 1st December 2018. The applicants have to go through certain steps to complete the AFCAT application form. Check the following information with regard to the AFCAT registration:
- Visit the official website of the AFCAT as the application form can be submitted through online mode only.
- Go for the candidate’s login and complete the registration process.
- Enter your name, e-mail ID and mobile number etc. in the registration form.
- After successful registration, you will receive a registration ID and password.
- Now login with the registration ID and password to complete the application form part.
- Applicants need to fill personal as well as the academic qualification in the application form.
- Be careful while entering the name, father name, qualification, address etc. details in the application form.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature as per the given specifications. The images must be in JPEG/JPG format with size between 10 KB to 50 KB.
- Candidates must pay the requisite application fee to complete the application.
- After submission of application form, do not forget to take the printout of the confirmation page or submitted application form for future reference.
The aspirants need to pay the requisite application fee for AFCAT 2019 exam and it is Rs.250/-. Payment can be done through online mode using the debit/credit card and net banking. The registration fee is mandatory for every applicant. Once payment is done, it will not be refunded in any case. After making payment, candidates can take printout of the fee receipt for record and reference.
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2019
It is very important to know the exam pattern before appearing in the entrance test. AFCAT is a national level entrance test. Candidates have to qualify entrance test for attending further selection process. The applicants must obtain minimum qualifying marks in the exam for appearing in the further selection process. Check the following information in respect of AFCAT exam pattern:
- The question paper will include General Awareness, Numerical Ability, Verbal Ability, Reasoning, and Military Aptitude.
- All the questions will be multiple choice in nature having four choices where applicants have to choose the correct one.
- The duration of the entrance test will 2.00 hours.
- Paper will contain total 100 MCQ type questions.
- The question paper will be of 300 marks where each question will carry 1 mark.
- A penalty of the 1/3rd mark will be imposed for attempting the wrong answer.
AFCAT Syllabus 2019
We recommend aspirants to collect proper information regarding AFCAT syllabus as the information about the syllabus is very important for the preparation of the exam. AFCAT and EKT syllabus will be different from each other. Candidates should go through the official information brochure in detail also. However, candidates can check some of the important information regarding AFCAT syllabus as below:
- General Awareness– Sports, Current Affairs, Culture, Art, History, Civics, Environment, Politics, Geography, Basic Science etc.
- Numerical Ability– Profit & Loss, Number Series, Average, Percentage, Simple Interest, Ratio, Simplification, Decimal Fraction etc.
- Reasoning & Military Aptitude– Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
- Verbal Ability in English– Error Finding, Fill in the blanks, Vocabulary, Antonyms, Synonyms, English Comprehension, Jumbled Sentences, rearrangement of sentences etc.
AFCAT Preparation Tips 2019
The candidates should follow a preparation plan to crack the AFCAT exam. The AFCAT exam is quite tough hence proper strategy is required to tackle the difficulty level of the exam. AFCAT 2019 aspirants can check here some of the preparation tips which will be helpful during the exam:
- The first and most important work is to collect complete information about exam pattern and syllabus.
- You are also recommended to obtain official AFCAT 2019 bulletin for detailed information.
- Candidates should focus on each and every section of the paper. Give sufficient time to each section.
- Candidates should make a time schedule for the routine study.
- Collect relevant books and notes for preparation of exam.
- Solving previous year question papers will also be helpful.
- Time management is very important during the exam which you learn through practice only.
- Practice and more practice can help you only to achieve your goal as there is no shortcut to get success in any exam.
- Apart from the above, candidates should also take care of health.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The candidates can check some of the common questions here which are frequently asked by the applicants. These questions are as below:
Q1. What is the registration process for AFCAT?
A: The candidates must know that the registration for AFCAT exam can be done through online mode only. Candidates have to access the official website of the AFCAT or Air Force to apply online. However, there are certain eligibility conditions which applicants must satisfy.
Q2. What is the maximum age limit for AFCAT?
A: minimum age of the candidates should be 20 years and maximum age is 24 years as on 1st July 2020. Those who are applying for Ground duty branch should be within 20 to 26 years.
Q3. How to know the eligibility criteria details?
A: The eligibility criteria for different branches are different hence, candidates must check carefully. The eligibility criteria details are given above. However, candidates can also access the official website of the AFCAT for detailed eligibility requirements.
Q4: Sir, how to prepare for AFCAT exam?
A: Candidate should make his/her preparation strategy for the exam. However, candidates should examination pattern, syllabus and previous year questions papers to know the examination scheme and pattern of the question paper.
Q5: Is there any specific book available in the market for the preparation of the AFCAT exam?
A: No there is no specific book through which you can crack the exam. You must be practical and should prepare from various sources such as some specific AFCAT books, subject specific books, previous year question papers etc.
AFCAT Admit Card 2019
The candidates can obtain the AFCAT admit card from the official website of the AFCAT. AFCAT-I 2019 admit card has been released on 30th January 2019. Download the admit card from the official website and take the printout of the same for future reference. Candidates must be aware that the competent authority will not send the hard copy of the admit card to any individual. It is mandatory to carry admit card on the day exam otherwise you will be denied permission to enter in the exam centre. Also, carry photo identity
AFCAT 2019 Exam Centre
The aspirants can check the list of examination centre which is prepared based on previous year list.
|Bhagalpur||Gautam Budh Nagar||Jalpaigudi||Madurai||Ujjain|
AFCAT/EKT 2019 Exam Schedule
The interested candidates can check here AFCAT/EKT Schedule 2019 below:
AFCAT 2019 Result
AFCAT result 2019 will be declared in the month of April 2019. Candidates will be able to check their result online on the official website of AFCAT. Those who will qualify the written exam will be invited to attend SSB/Interview. The final result will be prepared on the basis of candidates overall performance in written exam and interview etc. The selection of the candidates depends on the candidate’s performance in the exam including physical fitness. Accordingly, the competent authority will declare the final result.
AFCAT Selection Process
- As already stated above, candidates first need to appear in the written test.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for next round of selection as per their rank secured in the exam.
- The competent authority on the basis of written exam performance will invite candidates for Screening Test i.e. Stage-I Testing.
- The screening test consists of Officer Intelligence Rating Test and Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
- After qualifying the Stage-I, candidates will be called for Stage-II Testing.
- Stage II testing consists of Psychological Test, Group Test to check the candidate’s interactive ability, conversation skills etc.
- Those who will qualify the SSB/Interview will be selected for medical examination before offering the final letter of joining.
- Selection will be made purely on the basis of merit prepared on the basis candidate’s performance throughout the exam.
AFCAT 2019 Vacancies
The candidates can check the AFCAT vacancies details in the table below. It is pertinent to mention here that the competent authority has all rights reserved to increase or decrease vacancies as per the circumstances. The vacancies depend upon organisational requirements, different cadre control mechanisms and availability of training slot. Candidates can check tentative vacancies list below:
The candidates can seek any help on the following helpline numbers and email ID:
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Telephone No.: 020-25503105/106 (Days: Monday to Friday Timings: 9:30 AM to 1:00 PM & 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
Stay connected with us for more information AFCAT 2019 exam.