NEET 2018 exam date has been released and the same will be held on 6th May 2018 (Sunday). National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an all India level medical entrance exam through which aspirants can take admission in MBBS and BDS courses. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts NEET entrance exam on yearly basis. NEET exam is the only gateway for admissions in medical and dental UG courses i.e. MBBS, BDS. The Government of India by replacing AIPMT and other state level exam introduced a single and new exam i.e. NEET from 2016 onward.
Candidates who are seeking admission in UG courses (MBBS and BDS) in various Medical colleges across the Country, should fill NEET application form before the due date. Aspirants are advised to be careful about news and notification of NEET 2018 and keep checking official website of the board. Here in this article, you will find complete guidance regarding NEET 2018 Application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, preparation tips and important dates etc.
NEW UPDATE: As per the latest notification issued by Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India, New Delhi, all admissions in AYUSH UG Courses throughout the country will also be done on the basis of CBSE NEET exam from the academic session 2018-19. Hence, all aspirants for BAMS, BUMS, BSMS & BHMS should apply for NEET UG 2018 exam before the last date. Click here check official notification of Ministry of AYUSH.
NEET 2018 Notification: Latest Update
- NEET 2018 notification has been released and application form available online now from 8th February 2018.
- NEET 2018 exam is scheduled to be held on 6th May 2018 as per the official sources.
- NEET 2018 application form is expected to be released this week as per sources. Click here for application form details.
- There will no change in NEET 2018 syllabus, it will be exactly same as NEET UG 2017.
- The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India directed Central Government to include the Urdu language for NEET 2018-19 session.
NEET 2018 Examination Schedule: Important Dates
|Availability of online application form||8th February 2018|
|Last date for submission of the application form||09th March 2018|
|Last date for payment of application fee||10th March 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||April 2018|
|Date of Exam||6th May 2018|
|Result declaration||1st June 2018|
|1st round counselling for All India Quota, Deemed, CI||Central-12th June-24th June 2018
State- 25th June-5th July 2018
|Last date of Joining after 1st counselling||Central- 3rd July 2018
State – 12th July 2018
|2nd round counselling for All India Quota, Deemed, CI||Central-6th-12th July 2018
State- 15th-26th July 2018
|Last date of Joining after 2nd counselling||Central- 22nd July 2018
State – 3rd August 2018
|Mop-up Round counselling||Central-12th-22nd August 2018
State- 4th-8th August 2018
|Last date of Joining||Central-26th August 2018
State-12th August 2018
Date for forwarding list of students based on merit, equalling to 10 times of vacant seats to the medical colleges by the counselling authority for deemed, CI
|27th August 2018|
|Last date of Joining for deemed, CI||Central-31st August 2018
State- 18th August 2018
NEET 2018 Changes Introduced This Year
- Aspirants for AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathy) UG courses shall have to appear in NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exam from the academic year 2018-19.
- The State of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have joined the scheme of All India Quota of 15%.
- The students who want to pursue MBBS/BDS courses from the foreign medical college/institute, have to qualify NEET UG examination.
- Now the attempt limit has been removed completely from the year 2018. It means candidates may apply for NEET exam maximum times until they complete 25 years of age(30 years in case of reserved category).
- Candidates belonging to NIOS or State Open School are not eligible for NEET 2018.
- In all languages, there will be one set of question papers.
NEET 2018 Summarized Information
|Exam conducting authority of NEET UG 2018||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Courses offered through NEET||MBBS, BDS and AYUSH UG Courses|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Number of Attempt||Three attempts. NEET 2017 will be the first attempt.|
|Application Mode||Online. There is no other way to apply for NEET.|
The minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31st December of the admission year. The upper age limit is 25 years as on date of exam. SC/ST/OBC/Ph.D. candidates are eligible to get 5% relaxation in upper age limit.
|Qualification||12th Passed/appearing with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as compulsory subject|
|NEET Application Fee||Rs.1400 for General/OBC candidates and Rs.750/- for SC/ST/PH candidates|
|Fee Payment Mode||Credit/Debit card, Net Banking/UPI etc.|
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode i.e. Pen & Paper Based|
|Exam Duration||3.00 hours|
|Number of Questions||180 questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Language Mode||Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||Yes (-1 mark for each wrong attempt)|
NEET 2018 Application Form: Instructions to Apply
Candidates who are set to appear in NEET 2018, first satisfy yourself in respect of eligibility criteria. Aspirants need to follow the steps mentioned below while filling up NEET Application Form 2018:
- First, visit the official website of the board for gathering information.
- Check the eligibility criteria and go through it completely.
- Now fill the form completely with required details. Candidates should submit only one application form otherwise candidature will be cancelled.
- Upload the scanned passport size photograph, signature and index finger impression in JPEG format.
- Pay the required fee via online mode (Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking etc.) and offline mode (through bank challan).
- Submit the application form and thereafter, take the printout of the confirmation page.
- Any modification and correction in the application form can be done online only as per the directions.
- Candidates belonging to General/OBC category have to pay a sum of Rs. 1400/-
- Reserved category candidates have to pay Rs. 750/- as application fee.
- It is important to mention here that the applicants can pay application fee through Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking or Bank Challan.
- The application fee is a mandatory requirement and everyone must pay application fee otherwise their application will be incomplete.
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised here that before going to apply for NEET 2018, must check the eligibility criteria prescribed by the competent authority. Go through the following information to ensure eligibility to appear in NEET:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India. Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are also eligible.
- Candidates belonging to J&K, AP, Telangana are eligible for All India 15% quota only on the basis of self-declaration. They are eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune.
- For appearing in NEET, the minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31st December of the admission year i.e. 2018.
- The upper age limit for general category candidates is 25 years while upper age limit for SC/ST/OBC candidates is 30 years as on date of examination.
- candidates seeking age relaxation under reserved category have to produce a relevant certificate to claim their eligibility under reserved category.
- Candidates must have completed Intermediate (12th) or its equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology with English as the compulsory subject.
- They should have got minimum 50% marks in the qualifying exam in case of general category and 45% marks for PWD candidates and 40% in case of reserved category.
- It is important to mention that candidates who are pursuing qualifying exam will also be eligible subject to the outcome of the result.
Note: For complete information regarding NEET, 2018 candidates need to check the official website as well as this article.
The category wise reservation criteria are as under:
- SC category candidates – 15 %
- Schedule Tribe (ST) – 7.5 %
- OBC Non-creamy Layer – 27%
- Person with disability – 3%
Requirement of Aadhar Card Number
Candidates must know that without having Aadhar Number, it is not possible to submit NEET application form. The CBSE has made the use of Aadhar Number mandatory for maintaining the accuracy in details provided in the application form, identifying of duplicate application form etc. Please keep in mind following things with regard to Aadhar Card:
- Candidates have to enter Aadhar Card details like Aadhaar number, name, gender and date of birth in the application form exactly as specified in Aadhar Card.
- If anyone does not have Aadhaar Card and have not enrolled yet then apply for the same immediately.
- There is various Aadhar enrollment centre in each city of examination through which aspirants can enroll for Aadhar Number.
Check here detailed information about NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus for NEET 2018
Candidates seeking NEET 2018, should be conversant with the exam pattern and syllabus. Based on available facts, the following information regarding exam pattern and syllabus has been collected:
- NEET 2018 Syllabus will contain the subjects namely Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. The questions will be based on 11th & 12th standard.
- The exam is pen and paper based exam.
- The exam is scheduled to be held on 6th May 2018.
- The question paper will contain 180 objective type questions.
- Each question will have four choices, out of which, only 1 answer will be correct.
- Each question will carry 4 marks and for every correct answer, 4 marks will be given.
- There is a provision of negative marking. For each wrong answer, one fourth (1/4th) marks will be deducted.
- Duration of the exam will be 3.00 hours as prescribed.
- The language of the exam will be English, Hindi, Urdu and other languages as prescribed in the official notification.
- The subjects wise questions and marks will be distributed as under:
|Subject Section||No. of Questions||Max Marks|
Check detailed information about NEET Exam Pattern 2018
NEET Preparation Tips
Candidates should follow instructions given below for better preparation of NEET Exam. Check NEET Preparation Tips 2018 as under:
- Candidates who are preparing for NEET 2018 exam, should be aware of the exam scheme.
- Download the official information bulletin and go through the syllabus.
- Make a time-table for each subject at your convenience.
- Divide the topics according to your understanding.
- Applicants should have a good command on 11th and 12th standard subject including Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Keep more concentration on your weak subject.
- Make practice note for important topics for ready reference later.
- Collect some good study material and competitive books.
- Do not take the unnecessary stress, always follow the routine and stay calm.
- A routine study will lead you to success in NEET 2018 exam.
NEET 2018 Admit Card
- The Admit card for NEET 2018 will be available for eligible candidates in the month of April 2018
- Candidate can download the admit card from official website.
- The authority will not send hard copy of admit card to any individual in any case.
- Candidates must retain a copy of admit card along with them.
- The admit card will contain the necessary information like exam centre, exam date, duration of the exam etc.
- On the crucial date of NEET 2018 examination, one must bring admit card otherwise entry in the examination hall will not be possible.
NEET Answer Key
- The answer key of the NEET 2018 exam will be available at official website after examination.
- Candidates can download the answer key from the website.
- Candidates can check their answer given during the exam with the help of Answer keys provided by the competent authority.
- If any candidate found any discrepancy in the Answer Keys, he/she can challenge the same within a stipulated time.
NEET 2018 Result
- NEET result will be published on the official website of the board probably in the month of June 2018.
- Candidates can obtain the result from the website using details like roll number/registration number.
- On the basis of written exam performance, the CBSE will shortlist eligible candidates.
- Candidate should take the printout of the result for future use.
- Successful candidates need to appear in the counselling process.
NEET 2018 Score Card will be available on official website of the CBSE. Candidates can obtain their score-card directly from the official website. The score-card will consist candidate’s all India rank. Take the printout of the result and score-card for future reference. Without valid score card, one cannot appear in the counselling.
NEET Cut-off Marks
- The Competent Authority will set cut-off marks as minimum qualifying criteria.
- The competent authority i.e. CBSE will decide NEET 2018 cut-off marks on the basis of total number of candidates, number of seats available, number of marks obtained by the candidates and difficulty level of the exam.
- CBSE will declare NEET result on the basis cut-off marks.
NEET 2018 Counselling
- On the basis of NEET 2018 result, the successful candidates will be eligible to participate in the counselling process.
- The NEET Counselling 2018 will commence in the month of June 2018.
- Directorate General of Health Science (DGHS) will facilitate the counselling process for 15% All India Quota seats.
- However, other concerned authority will take counselling for remaining seats.
- It is necessary to mention here that the candidates have to pay requisite counselling fee.
- Candidates will get admission according to their choice-filled, rank and seat availability in the colleges.
- After seat allotment, candidates have to report to the respective college for further admission process.
Stay tuned to www.careerindiainfo.in for more information NEET 2018