KCET 2018: Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is a State level entrance exam. Karnataka Examination Authority is apex body which controls the examination process. Students seeking admission in Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy Courses offered by various Government/Private colleges of the State, can submit application form for KCET exam.
Interested candidates can fill application form for KCET 2018 from the official website. The examination is likely to be held in the month of May, 2018 and application form will be invited probably in the month of January, 2018. The detailed information in respect of KCET 2018 application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and syllabus is placed below.
KCET 2018 Notification- Dates Released
KCET 2018 exam dates have been released officially. The entrance test will be held on 18th April, 2018 (Biology & Mathematics) and 19th April, 2018 (Physics & Chemistry). Click here for view Press Release.
KCET 2018 Important Dates
|Exam Events||Dates (Announced)|
|Online application form availability||January, 2018|
|Cut-off date to pay application fee||February, 2018|
|Last date to submit application form||March, 2018|
|Admit card issuance date||April, 2018|
18th April 2018 (Biology & Mathematics) & 19th April 2018 (Physics & Chemistry)
|Kannada Language Test||20th April 2018|
|Result declaration||Last week of May 2018|
|Counselling will commence from||June, 2018|
KCET 2018: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the following eligibility criteria before applying for KCET 2018 entrance exam. The eligibility criteria are:
Criteria for Engineering/Architecture Courses
- Applicants should have passed 2nd PUC/12th (Intermediate) or its equivalent exam from a recognised board.
- He/she should have Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subject and English as a language subject.
- Candidates should have obtained at least 45% marks in Physics and Mathematics along with one of the subject in Biology/Biotechnology/Electronics/Chemistry/Computer Science.
- Reserved category candidates should have secured at least 40% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam can also apply subject to outcome of the result.
Criteria for degree courses in Pharmacy/Science
- Aspirants should have completed 2nd PUC/12th (Intermediate) or its equivalent exam from a recognised board/institute.
- They should have Physics, Chemistry and Biology as mandatory subject and English as a language subject.
- Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks (40% for reserved category candidates) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
KCET 2018 Application Form
Candidates, who found themselves eligible as per the above mentioned criteria, can proceed ahead for applying KCET 2018 online application form. Go through the following useful tips:
- The KCET 2018 application form will be available on official website, probably in the month of January, 2018.
- Interested candidates have to apply through online mode only. Application submitted via any other mode will not be entertained.
- All the information filled in application form should be true in all respect. Any false information will lead cancellation of candidature.
- Candidates have to upload recent passport size photograph and signature in the space specified.
- Pay the requisite application fee in order complete the application process.
- Do not forget to take print out of the duly submitted application form for future reference.
- General category candidates have to pay Rs. 650/- as application fee.
- Reserved category candidates have to pay Rs. 500/- only as application fee.
- Candidates can make payment of application fee through Bank Challan.
Check step by step instructions to make KCET Application Form 2018
KCET 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of KCET 2018 exam is under:
- The KCET 2018exam will be held offline i.e. Pen and Paper Based exam.
- Question paper will contain multiple choice question having four alternatives.
- The duration of the exam will be 320 minutes i.e. 80 minutes for each subject.
- Negative marking is not applicable in the exam hence, no marks will be deducted for wrong answer.
- One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- The subject section of the exam, number of question are as under:
|4.||Kannada (In case)||50||80|
KCET 2018 Admit Card
- The competent authority will issue admit card to the candidates found eligible.
- The admit card will be available on official website probably in the month of April, 2018.
- Candidates have to download the admit card from the website. The authority will not send admit card to anyone through post.
- Admit card will contain the information regarding exam date, venue of the exam, candidate’s name and roll number etc.
- Candidates have to carry admit card while appearing in the exam otherwise entry will not be possible.
KCET Result 2018
The result of the entrance exam will be published in the official website in due course of time after completion of the exam. Candidates can get their result through online mode only. The result will be available probably in the month of June, 2018. On the basis of cut-off marks, merit list will be prepared. Take print out of the result for further admission process.
Post declaration of result, shortlisted candidates will be called for appearing in the KCET 2018 counselling. The counselling will commence probably in the month of June, 2018. Candidates have to attend the counselling as per the schedule. Final admission will be done on the basis of performance in written exam, seats available, choice filled and verification of original documents.
Documents required during counselling
- 10th & 12th Marking and Certificate in original
- KCET admit card 2018
- KCET score card 2018
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Two passport size photograph
- Printout of the filled application form
Stay tuned to www.careerindiainfo.in for more information on KCET 2018.