GATE 2018: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering commonly known as GATE is a national level entrance exam. The GATE is an All India entrance exam conducted by IITs and IISc on rotational basis. The exam is very popular among the students who are seeking admission in M. Tech./Ph.D. courses in IITs, IISc and other institutions. Aspirant can check here the details regarding GATE 2018 registration, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and syllabus.
Interested candidate are recommended to keep eye on GATE 2018 official notification and read full advertisement. First check eligibility condition and after ensuring eligibility, go ahead for making GATE application form. Candidates should apply well within the prescribed time limit. The GATE 2018 dates have been finalized and the GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System) will be available from 1st September, 2017. The exam will be held on 3rd-4th February, 2018 and 10th-11th February, 2018. The IIT Guwahati is the exam conducting authority for GATE 2018.
GATE 2018 Exam: An Overview
Name of the Entrance Test– GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2018
Level of Exam– All India Level Entrance Test
Exam Conducting Institute/Authority– IIT Guwahati
Exam date– 3rd-4th February, 2018 & 10th -11th February, 2018
GATE 2018 Important Dates: Released
GATE 2018 dates are released now and the official examination programme is as under:
|Exam Events||Dates (Official)|
|GATE 2018 online application form||1st September, 2017|
|Last date for submission of application form||5th October, 2017|
|Request for change of city due date||17th November, 2017|
|Admit card issuance date||5th January, 2018|
|GATE 2018 Online Exam Date||3rd-4th February, 2018 &
10th -11th February, 2018
|Result declaration date||17th March, 2018|
|Score card will be available||March to May, 2018|
GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates should satisfy eligibility conditions before making online application. Candidate are hereby recommended to go through the official GATE notification 2018. The GATE eligibility criteria 2018 are as under:
|Qualifying degree/ Exam||Degree status||Year of Qualification should not be later than|
|Candidates must possess a Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Technology (four year after 10+2 or three years after B.Sc./ Diploma in Technology /Engineering)
Candidates who are in the final year of qualifying examination may also apply for GATE 2018.
|Completed or pursuing final year of qualifying degree.||2018|
|Int. M. Sc./ Int. B.S-M.S||Candidate must have completed Integrated M.Sc. or 5 year integrated BS/MS program||Completed or currently pursuing 4th year of qualifying degree||2018|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Candidates must possess Bachelor degree in Science (Post-Diploma /4 years after 10+2).||Completed or pursuing final year of qualifying degree.||2018|
|B. Arch.||Candidate must be a Bachelor degree holder of Architecture (5 years course)||Completed or pursuing in the final year of qualifying degree.||2018|
|M. Sc./ MCA / M.A or equivalent||Candidate should have Master’s degree in any branch of Mathematics/ Science / Computer Applications/ Statistics/ or equivalent||Completed or Currently in final year of qualifying degree.||2018|
|Int. M.E./ M. Tech. or Dual Degree
(after Diploma or 10+2)
|Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Technology/ Engineering (Five year program)||Already completed or pursuing 4th/5th year.||2019|
|Int. M.E/ M. Tech (Post-B.Sc.)||Applicant must have a Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering /Technology (4 year program)||Completed or pursuing in the 2nd / 3rd /4th year
|Professional Society Examination(equivalent to B.E./B. Tech./ B. Arch)||Candidates should hold certificate of B.E/B.Tech /B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by UPSC / MHRD /AICTE||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional Programmes||
GATE 2018 Application Form: Registration Guidelines
Candidates should read instructions carefully before going to fill GATE application form. Check the following information regarding GATE 2018 Application form:
- Candidates can submit application form only through online mode at official website as there will be no printed version of the application form for sale.
- Online registration for GATE 2018 will commence from the first week of September, 2017.
- Aspirants have to access the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) for registration.
- Candidates have to fill the form carefully for smooth registration.
- During the submission of online application, candidate must have to upload the passport size photograph, signature, thumb impression, qualifying degree certificate, and category certificate if applicable.
- All the images should be in JPEG format with specified size and dimension.
- Candidates are required to mention ID Number from any one of the ID proof like PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Driving License and Passport etc.
- Candidate should own a valid e-mail ID and mobile number.
- In order to complete the application, candidates must pay requisite application fee.
- Candidate must retain a printout of the application form for future reference.
Check Here How to apply for GATE Application Form 2018.
Applicants have to pay the requisite application fee to complete the application process. Those who will not pay application fee, their application will not be accepted the application form will be rejected accordingly. The application fee is non-refundable in nature. Candidates can pay application fee through online mean such as Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card or e-Challan. GATE 2018 application fee structure is as under:
|Candidate||GATE 2018 Application Fee|
|Female candidate||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ST/PwD candidate||Rs. 750/-|
|All other candidate||Rs. 1500/-|
|Gate Internal Candidates||50 US Dollars|
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates who are planning to appear in the GATE 2018 examination, should know about the examination pattern. The following information has been collected based on available facts:
- Total Papers: GATE 2018 will consist of 23 papers.
- Exam mode: The exam will be held through online mode only i.e. Computer based test.
- Duration of Exam: The GATE exam consist of a single paper of 3.00 hours duration.
- Number of Questions: Each paper will contain 65 questions carrying 100 marks
- Type of Questions: Two type of questions will be there, one is multiple choice question (MCQ) and other one is numerical answer type (NAT) question.
- Marking Scheme: MCQ and NAT type questions will carry 1 and 2 marks respectively. There will be negative marking for MCQ type questions and 1/3rd mark will be deducted for wrong attempt. However, no negative marking for NAT type questions.
- In the papers containing the codes AE, AG, CS, BT, CE, CH, EC, PE, PI, EE, ME, IN, MN, MT, TF and XE, the General Aptitude will contain 15% of the total marks, Engineering Mathematics will contain 15% of the total marks and the rest 70% of the total marks is dedicated to the subject of the paper.
- For papers with codes CY, EY, AR, PH, MA, GG, and XL, 85% of total marks will be from General Aptitude section and rest 15% will be based on subject of the paper.
Check Detailed Info about GATE Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2018.
List of GATE 2018 Papers with corresponding Codes
|Textile Engineering and Fiber Science||TF||Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI||Electrical Engineering||EE|
|Physics||PH||Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Metallurgical Engineering||MT||Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|Mining Engineering||MN||Chemical Engineering||CH|
|Mechanical Engineering||ME||Civil Engineering||CE|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Life Sciences||XL||Agricultural Engineering||AG|
Preparation tips for GATE 2018 Exam
Candidates who are willing to appear in GATE 2018 exam should follow the hard routine. They should make preparation strategy which needs to be followed regularly. Here are the some useful tips for the candidates:
- Candidate are recommended to obtain GATE 2018 official notification from the GATE website.
- Check the exam pattern and syllabus and marking scheme.
- Now divide your study topics based on their difficult. Focus more on weak subject.
- Make a proper time table for study and follow it passionately.
- Collect previous year question papers and solve them.
- Candidates should also collect good books which are helpful in preparation of GATE exam.
- Do not take unnecessary burden, it will affect your performance during the exam.
- Apart from above, candidates should take care of his/her physical and mental health.
Candidate participating in the GATE 2018 exam should know the syllabus of the exam. To know the syllabus, candidate should go through the official advertisement of the GATE. The syllabus for each paper will be different. All the papers will consist of General Aptitude Questions other than questions from concerned subject. Candidates should start preparation according to subject chosen.
GATE 2018 Admit Card
Admit card will be issued to the eligible candidate and the candidate can download the same from GOAPS website. The admit card is likely to be available in the month of January, 2018. Candidate should download the admit card from the official website and take printout of the admit card. The authority will not send hard copy of the admit card via post. Applicant must carry the admit card along with a valid ID proof while appearing in the GATE 2018 exam.
GATE 2018 Result
GATE 2018 result will be declared by the concerned authority at official website. The result is likely to be announced in the month of March, 2018. Candidate can check their result by providing requisite details at GOAPS portal. However, we will also provide direct link to get GATE result.
GATE 2018 Score Card
After declaration of result, GATE score card will be made available to the participants. The GATE score card will contain the details of candidate’s marks and rank secured in the entrance exam. The GATE 2018 Score Card can be downloaded from the GATE website.
GATE Cut off Marks
The GATE cut-off marks may differ course to course. Cut-off mark is the minimum qualifying mark on the basis of candidate can get admission in the desired course. Candidates can check previous year cut-off marks. However, we recommend that each candidate should focus on their study only and prepare yourself for the GATE exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: How can I apply for GATE 2018?
|Answer: Visit GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) portal for submitting GATE 2018 application form. Read the instruction carefully and apply online.|
|Question: Can I apply for GATE 2018 exam through offline mode?|
|Answer: No. There will be no hard copy of GATE application form for sale available. Apply online.|
|Question: How can I pay application fee?|
|Answer: You can make payment of application fee through Debit card, Credit card, net banking or e-challan. Pay through any of these way as per your convenience.|
|Question: is there number of attempts fixed for GATE exam?|
|Answer: No. There is no limit for number of attempts.|
|Question: What is the maximum age limit for appearing in GATE exam?|
|Answer: There is no age limit.|
|Questions: If my internet connection failed during the application process then what should I do?|
|Answer: You should log in to GATE 2018 application at official website and continue to fill application form.|
|Question: How can I check status of my application?|
|Answer: You should log in to GOAPS website after submitting the online application.|
|Question: Is it necessary to upload photograph and signature with given specification?|
|Answer: Yes, you have to upload photograph and signature with required specification otherwise application form will be rejected.|
|Question: Is there any provision of negative marking in the GATE 2018 exam?|
|Answer: Yes negative marking is applicable for multiple choice questions only.|
|Question: is it necessary to upload category certificate?|
|Answer: Yes. Reserved category candidates seeking relaxation in application fee should upload category certificates.|
|Question: Should I send the hard copy of the application form to the authority?|
|Answer: No, there is no need to send hard copy of the GATE application form.|
|Question: What will be the expected cut-off marks for GATE 2018?|
Answer: Cut-off marks are different for each year, one cannot expect the cut-off marks. You should focus on your study only.
GATE 2018 Counselling
There is no as such counselling process for admission in M. Tech./M. Arch./M. Plan courses after GATE exam. Candidates have to report to the individual institute for admission as per their admission notification. Institute will publish notification for admission as per the admission schedule. Candidates should be aware about the admission process. Keep checking official website of the desired IITs, IISc for information.
For more information, keep visiting www.careerindiainfo.in