CDS 2018: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts CDS (Combined Defence Services) examination twice in a year. It is a national level entrance exam for selecting the eligible candidates in Defence Services. The candidates who want to join Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy, can apply online for CDS exam. Candidates have to practice hard to qualify this exam because it is tough exam to crack. Large number of applicants aspiring to join Indian Defence Services appears in this exam each year.
The notification for CDS-I and CDS-II 2018 exam will be published on official website of the UPSC on 8th November, 2017 and 8th August, 2018 respectively. Interested applicants can apply for CDS exam through online mode at official website of the UPSC. The relevant information in respect of CDS 2018 exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and syllabus are provided below in this article.
CDS 2018 Notification Released
Attention: The UPSC has released official notification of the CDS 2018 (I) on 8th November 2017. Application form is available online now, interested candidates can go ahead to apply online. Check direct link below to apply online.
CDS 2018 Exam Dates: Announced
As per notification of the UPSC, the official dates of the CDS 2018 exam have been given in the table below. Aspirants can check the CDS-I and CDS-II 2018 exam schedule and accordingly prepare for exam. These crucial dates are as under:
|Events||CDS-I Schedule||CDS-II Schedule|
|Official notification will be released on||
8th November, 2017
|8th August, 2018|
|Submission of online application form will commence from||8th November, 2017||8th August, 2018|
|Last date for receipt of application form||4th December, 2017||3rd September, 2018|
|Admit card will be issued||Last week of January, 2018||First week of November, 2018|
|Entrance exam date||4th February, 2018||
18th November, 2018
Quick Overview of the CDS 2018 Exam
Here you can check a complete overview of the CDS 2018 exam in one frame:
|Name of the exam||
Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination
|Exam conducting authority||Union Public Service Commission|
|Date of CDS (I) 2018 Exam||4th February, 2018
|Mode of application form||Online|
|Registration for online application will commence from||8th November, 2017|
|Last date for submission of application form||4th December, 2017|
Rs.200 for each candidate (However, SC/ST/female candidates are exempted to pay application fee)
|Fee Payment Mode||
Net Banking/ Visa/Master/ Rupay Credit /Debit Card or through cash deposit at SBI branch
|Availability of admit card||One or two week prior to exam|
|Type of question||Multiple choice in nature|
|Carry items like||
Clip Board or Hard Board, Black ball point pen for marking answers, admit card, identity card, passport size photograph and wrist watch
|Do not use||
Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Pagers or any other communication device inside the exam hall
CDS 2018 Eligibility Criteria
We recommend all the candidates, before applying online must check the eligibility conditions carefully. The prescribed eligibility criteria for CDS 2018 exam are:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India or
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal or
- A Tibetan refugee who came here in India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention to settle down here permanently or
- An Indian origin person migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and East African Countries viz. Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia, the United Republic of Tanzania and Vietnam with the intention to settle down here permanently.
- Candidates must submit certificate of eligibility in case of point No. (ii) to (iv).
Age Limit and Marital Status
- For IMA (Indian Military Academy): Unmarried male candidates who are born between 2nd January, 1995 to 1st January, 2000 are eligible to apply.
- For INA (Indian Naval Academy): Unmarried male candidates who are born between 2nd January, 1995 to 1st January, 2000 are eligible.
- Air Force Academy: Candidate’s age must be 20 to 24 years as on 1st January, 2019. It means candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January, 1999. Candidates having valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) are relaxed up to 26 years (i.e. born between 2nd January, 1993 to 1st January, 1999) are eligible to apply. Candidates below 25 years must be unmarried and marriage is not allowed during training period.
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC course for Men): Unmarried male candidates born between 2nd January, 1994 to 1st January, 2000 are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Women Non-technical Course): Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (having possession of divorce document) who have not remarried are eligible to apply. They should have born between 2nd January, 1994 and 1st January, 2000.
- For Indian Military Academy and Officers’ Training Academy– A degree holder from a recognized university or equivalent will be eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy– A degree holder in Engineering from a recognized university/Institution will be eligible.
- Air Force Academy– Bachelor of Engineering or a degree holder from any recognized university with Physics and Mathematics at intermediate (10+2) level.
- Candidates who are in final semester/year of degree course can also apply provided that they should submit provisional certificate of the graduation at the time of interview or at the time of commencement of course.
Physical and Mental Standard
Applicant must be physically and mentally sound in respect of the criteria prescribed for Combined Defence Service Examination.
Read Complete Information on CDS Eligibility Criteria 2018
Number of Vacancies Available for CDS 2018
The Union Public Service Commission will conduct CDS 2018 exam on 4th February, 2018 for filling up number of vacancies as given in the table below:
|1.||Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, Uttarakhand||100|
|2.||Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||45|
|3.||Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|4.||Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai, Madras||225|
|5.||Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Women Non-Technical)||12|
Note: The number of vacancies mentioned in the table are tentative and liable to be changed at any stage as per discretion by Services Head Quarters.
CDS 2018 Application Form
All the application should ensure their eligibility as per the criteria mentioned above. The application form will consists of two parts i.e. Part-I and Part-II. Candidates need to go through both part in order to submit application form. Check following information with regard to CDS application form:
- The notification for submission of online application form for both CDS-I and CDS-II 2018 exam will be published on official website of the UPSC on 8th November, 2017 and 8th August, 2018 respectively.
- CDS 2018 application form can be submitted via online mode only at official website.
- Submit only one application, the Commission will not entertain more than one application.
- Candidates have to visit official website of the UPSC for registration.
- The registration process will consist of two parts i.e. Part-I and Part-II.
- Fill all the details carefully and submit the application form.
To complete the registration process for CDS 2018 exam, one need to pay the application fee of Rs. 200/-. However, all female candidates and candidate belonging to SC/ST category are exempted from paying fee. One can make payment of fee using Net Banking, Debit Card/Credit Card or by cash at SBI Bank.
Submit CDS Application form by Clicking Here
CDS 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates must be aware about the scheme of examination because it will help during the entrance test. Preparation in right way is always helpful. It is very important to stay fit whether it is physically or mentally. Candidate should know the selection process. Check CDS exam pattern below:
Exam Pattern for admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
|Subject||Exam duration||Max Marks|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
Exam Pattern for admission to officers’ Training Academy:
|Subject||Exam duration||Max Marks|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
Highlights of the CDS Exam
- CDS exam will be held in offline mode.
- All the questions will objection type in nature.
- Language of the question paper will be English and Hindi.
- Negative marking is applicable hence, do not attempt questions blindly.
- Answer sheet should be clean and wrinkle fee.
- Answers should be circled properly, improper marking of circle will not be considered.
The Union Public Service Commission will set the syllabus of CDS 2018 exam. The syllabus will include English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics. Candidates can check official notification for syllabus in detail. Go through complete syllabus and prepare accordingly.
The Commission will issue the admit card of CDS 2018 examination to the eligible candidates. The admit card will be available at official website of the UPSC. Candidates have to download the admit card well in time before commencement of written exam. No hard copy of admit card will be available in any medium. It is mandatory to bring admit card along at the time of examination.
The answer key of the written exam will be available after completion of the CDS 2018 exam. Candidates can get the answer key from the official website of the UPSC. Applicants can check their answer once they get the answer keys. The answer key is very helpful to presume the result. Accordingly, applicant can prepare for further stages.
CDS 2018 Result
The result of CDS 2018 exam will announced according to schedule. The commission will declare the result of written exam first. Those who will qualify the written exam will further need to appear in the SSB/Interview. The recruitment authority will prepare final result on the basis of score secured in written exam and performance in SSB/Interview. Accordingly, candidates will receive their result at official website.
CDS Selection Process
Candidates need to qualify the written test of the CDS 2018 exam and must score good marks. Then candidate have to face SSB/Interview followed by medical examination. Final selection will depend on candidate’s overall performance throughout the exam. Candidate’s will also go through physical and medical test before final selection. At the end during Interview, the competent authority will also verify documents of the candidates.
Stay tuned to www.careerindiainfo.in for more information on CDS 2018 Exam.