CBSE UGC NET 2018 notification has been released now. The application form is releasing on 6th March 2018. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the concerned authority which conducts the National Eligibility Test on behalf of University Grant Commission (UGC). Candidates seeking career options as Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor in Universities, Institutions, IITs and other national organisations should fill the UGC NET application form. Aadhar Card is an essential document for making UGC NET application form. It is pertinent to mention here that the CBSE is only an exam conducting authority while other formalities such as the issuance of e-certificate to the qualified candidates are exercised by UGC Board itself. Candidates must know that from the year 2018, UGC NET exam will be held once in a year hence, candidates must prepare themselves accordingly. Aspirants can access here all the relevant information about CBSE UGC NET 2018 exam including the application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern & syllabus and dates etc.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Notification: Released
- Update: CBSE UGC NET 2018 notification has been released now and the submission of application form will commence from 6th March 2018. Click here to check official notification.
- As per latest news, the UGC NET exam will be held once in the year 2018.
- UGC NET examination pattern has been revised this year. The third paper is excluded and hence there is only two paper from 2018.
- Interested candidates must apply before the last date of application form. Click here for application form details.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Exam Dates
The official dates regarding CBSE UGC NET 2018 exam have been released. Candidates can check UGC NET official dates in the table below:
|CBSE UGC NET 2018 Exam Events||Dates (Announced)|
|Detailed official notification will release on||1st February 2018|
|Submission of online application form will start from||6th March 2018|
|Last date for applying online||5th April 2018|
|Last date for submission of application fee||6th April 2018|
|Correction in the application form if any||25th April-1st May 2018|
|Admit card issuance date||June 2018|
|UGC NET 2018 exam||8th July 2018|
|Answer keys & OMR Sheet will be available||August 2018|
|Declaration of Result||August 2018|
UGC NET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Each candidate must fulfil requisite eligibility criteria to appear in the UGC NET 2018 exam. The important eligibility conditions for appearing in CBSE UGC NET 2018 exam are as below:
- Academic Qualification: Candidates must be a post-graduate degree holder from a recognised university/institute.
- Subjects: The CBSE will conduct NET in 84 subjects at various examination centres throughout the country.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: They should have obtained at least 55% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Relaxation: There will be a relaxation of 5% marks in qualifying examination to Ph.D. degree holders (or equivalent) and candidates belonging to reserved category (SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD).
Age Criteria for UGC NET
- For Junior Research Fellowship: Candidate’s age should not exceed 30 years as on 1st January 2018.
- Relaxation: There is a relaxation of 5 years to the candidates belonging to reserved category (SC/ST, OBC-NCL, PwD). Candidates having research experience are also eligible to seek relaxation. LL.M. degree holder will be eligible for 3 year age relaxation.
- For Assistant Professor: No upper age limit for applying for Assistant Professor.
Aadhar Card Requirement
- As per UGC NET (November), 2017 notification published in the newspapers regarding filing up of UGC NET online application form, use of Aadhar Card number is essential to make accuracy and unique ID of candidates during the exam.
- It will help to ascertain the identity of applicants at the examination centres in a very convenient way.
- Candidates who have Aadhar Card should provide Aadhar number, name, date of birth etc. details in the UGC NET online application form carefully.
- Those who have not enrolled yet for Aadhar, need to apply for Aadhar enrolment as per prescribed rules. Such candidates may visit UIDAI’s official website i.e. www.uidai.gov.in or any Aadhar enrolment centre.
- Candidates belonging to the State of Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya are exempted from this provision.
- The applicants from these States need to use passport number, ration card number, bank account number and any other valid identity proof number provided that they must opt city of examination in respective State only.
Exemption for Appearing in UGC NET (for Assistant Professor)
- D. Degree Holder: The candidates who possess Ph.D degree recognised by UGC shall be exempted from of NET/SET/SELT for the requirement of Assistant Professor in Universities/Institutions.
- UGC/CSIR JRF Qualified Candidates: The candidates who qualified UGC/CSIR JRF exam prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in UGC NET.
- States Eligibility Test (SET) Qualified Candidates: SET (held prior to 1st June 2002) qualified candidates are eligible for exemption from appearing in UGC NET. All these candidates can apply for the post of Assistant Professor anywhere in India. Candidates who qualified SET held after 1st June 2002 are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor in the University/Institutes situated in the concerned State only from where he/she passed the SET.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Application Form
All the candidates who are fulfilling the eligibility conditions as mentioned above can submit CBSE UGC NET 2018 application form via online mode within the prescribed time frame. Check the instruction below:
- Candidates can fill UGC NET 2018 application form via online mode at the official website of the CBSE.
- The application form will be available online at official website from 6th March 2018.
- Candidates should apply before the last date as no application form will be accepted after due date.
- Fill the application form completely without leaving any blank.
- The candidates have to go through four steps to complete application process i.e. filling up of the application form, uploading of scanned photograph & signature, payment of examination fee and printing of confirmation page.
- Candidates must pay the application fee to complete the application.
- Take a printout of the confirmation page or filled-in application form for future reference.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of the application or confirmation page to the CBSE.
- The CBSE will also provide facility to correct or modify UGC NET application form 2018.
- In order to complete the application form, general category candidates have to pay Rs.600/- as application fee.
- OBC-NCL category candidates have to pay Rs.300/- as application fee.
- SC/ST/PwD candidates have to pay Rs.150/- as application fee.
Read instructions to make UGC NET Application Form 2018.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2018: REVISED
Candidates appearing in the CBSE UGC NET 2018 exam should know the exam pattern and syllabus. Candidates can avail the details about exam pattern and syllabus from the official information brochure. The CBSE has revised the scheme of exam for the year 2018. Check crucial information regarding UGC NET exam pattern below:
- Total Papers: The entrance test will consist of two papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Mode of Exam: The entrance test will be conducted in offline mode (Pen and Paper based). The Candidates have to mark their answers on the OMR (Optical Mark Reader) sheet.
- Number of Questions: The Exam will consist of total 150 questions which will be divided into Paper-I and Paper-II. Paper-I will contain 50 questions while Paper-II will consist of 100 questions. All 150 questions are mandatory to attempt.
- Nature of Questions: All 150 question will be multiple choice questions in nature.
- Syllabus: The Paper-I will consist of General Aptitude Questions and the Paper-II will consist the questions based on the subject selected by candidates.
- Language of the Paper: Candidates have both Hindi and English language option which they can choose during filling up of the application form.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of Paper-I will be exactly 1.00 hour and Paper-II will be 2.00 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Every correct answer will be awarded by 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: The provision of negative marking is not applicable in UGC NET exam.
|Paper||Total Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|I||50 (All compulsory)||100||1 Hour|
|II||100 (All compulsory)||200||2 Hours|
UGC NET Syllabus 2018
The candidates should collect proper information about the prescribed syllabus. There are total 94 subjects in UGC NET and hence syllabus will be different for the different subject. Candidates must have strong command on the concerned subject to qualify the NET 2018.
Click here to know UGC NET Syllabus 2018
Preparation Tips for UGC NET
The CBSE UGC NET is one toughest competitive entrance test which enables PG students to qualify for University level teaching jobs and to take admission in PhD programmes. To qualify the UGC NET, candidates can follow the tips given below:
- First of all, collect complete information about examination pattern and syllabus.
- Buy some good reference books which cover the entire syllabus.
- Make study notes and revise them time to time.
- You can also check previous year exam papers for reference.
- Stay updated with current affairs and general knowledge.
- Always follow your study timetable for better preparation.
- Candidates must revise important topics time to time for better understanding and result.
- Do not take the extra burden and stay healthy & fit.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Answer Key
The exam conducting authority after completion of the exam will release answer keys on its official website. Candidates can easily download the same from the website. The answer key is expected to be published in the month of June 2018. If anyone does not satisfy with any answer then he/she can challenge it in the proper way by paying requisite fee of Rs.1000/-. If authority finds you challenge is acceptable then they will refund the fee.
UGC NET Admit Card 2018
The admit card for the CBSE UGC NET 2018 exam will be issued to those candidates who have submitted the application form for appearing in the entrance test. The admit card will be available one or two weeks prior to the exam on official website of the CBSE NET. Candidates can download the same from the website. Candidates have to bring admit card along with ID proof on the day of the exam.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Result
All the candidates who will appear in the exam will get their respective result on the official website probably in the month of May 2018. Those who will achieve the qualifying marks will be able to apply for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Cut-off Marks
Candidates need to score minimum marks in the CBSE UGC NET 2018 exam to become eligible for the award of JRF and Assistant Professor in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III. The criteria are given below:
|Category||Minimum Marks to be obtained (in %)|
|General||40% (40 Marks)||40% (40 Marks)||50% (75 Marks)|
|SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD||35% (35 Marks)||35% (35 Marks)||40% (60 Marks)|
Note: The category and subject wise merit list will be prepared for the candidates who will meet the cut-off scores. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidates score in all three papers. Those who are in top 15% of the qualified candidates will be eligible for Assistant Professor only. A separate merit list will be prepared for JRF from the 15% UGC NET qualifiers.
Stay tuned to Careerindiainfo.in for more information on CBSE UGC NET 2018.